A Conversation with Steven Harrison
Paradox, Illusion, and the Post-Spiritual Inquiry
Steven Harrison and Martin Frischknecht engage in a lively conversation exploring a wide variety of topics, including the chaos of the unknown, the paradox of the actual and conceptual, and more.
293 in stock
Sale Price 60% Off!
A downloadable mp3 version of A Conversation with Steven Harrison is available at Learn Out Loud.
"It’s hard to say what you believe in if you’re believing in a series of questions. You could say you believe in the questioning."
In 2007, over the course of several days, Steven Harrison and Martin Frischknecht engaged in a lively conversation exploring a wide variety of subjects, including:
- The chaos of the unknown
- The paradox of the actual and conceptual
- The movement of creative energy
- The toxicity of the spiritual marketplace
- The dynamics of dialog groups
Many far-reaching questions are raised and explored, including:
- Can we step out of the security of what we already know to discover something more vital and alive?
- How do we move beyond self-created boundaries?
- Can we really address the problems in our lives by separating from our lives in retreats and workshops?
- Why are we all hiding from each other? What would happen if we actually showed up as we were? Can we reveal our true intentions and our real selves to others?
- Why is the idea that "I create the world" so popular?
- Is our insight also a burden?
- How can we open to what is next?
This recording is an excellent introduction to Steven Harrison, but will also hold great interest to anyone already familiar with his books and dialog groups.
Steven Harrison is an international speaker on the topics of consciousness, human development, relationship and alternative education. He is the author of Doing Nothing, The Happy Child and What's Next After Now? Post-Spirituality and the Creative Life, among other books.
Martin Frischknecht is editor-in-chief and publisher of SPUREN, a German language spiritual magazine in Switzerland , and a translator and publisher of books under the Edition Spuren imprint. He was a long time spiritual seeker until he encountered Harrison 's groundbreaking book Doing Nothing. Edition Spuren publishes all of Steven Harrison's books in German.
This item is in MP3-CD format. An MP3-CD can be played by any computer with a CD-ROM drive or by any compatible MP3 device (MP3 players and many newer CD players, including car stereos). To play MP3 files from an MP3 player, use the software provided by the player manufacturer to transfer files from the MP3-CD to the player.
To play MP3 files on your computer, you must have the appropriate MP3 player software installed. This is usually pre-installed on your computer, but if not, you can download a free player from any of the following locations:
iTunes (PC or Mac)
RealPlayer Basic (PC, Mac, or UNIX)
Winamp Media Player (PC or Mac)
3 hrs. 30 min.